Polk County Extension
Emeritus Extension Agent IV
Began December 1, 1967
Retired from Cooperative Extension Service March 31, 2005
- 1965 Michigan State University, B.S., Animal Science
- 1967 Michigan State University, M.S., International Agricultural Development
- 1998 University of South Florida, Ph.D., Education
Extension Programs and Activities
- School Enrichment Programs such as 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking
- Resources 2020
- Waste Management
- Leadership Tomorrow
- Provided 4-H Club leadership for Polk County for 15 years with 6,000
projects completed and submitted for competition.
Served on Planning and Implementation Committees for Fairs, Camps, Congresses, Legislature, and numerous other 4-H events.
- Provided Continuing Education Units to 850 professionals (teachers, architects, building contractors, and pesticide applicators)
- Served on Dean's State Extension Advisory Committee, School Board Strategic Planning Committee, and School District Teacher of the Year Selection Committee
- Joined the Florida Association of Country Agricultural Agents in 1968 and became the first female member of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents in 1969.
- Served on the Steering Committees to form both the Florida Association of Extension 4-H Agents and the Florida Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals.
- Member of Epsilon Sigma Phi, the honorary fraternity for Extension professionals, and served in all officer positions.
- Received Distinguished Service Awards from both the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents and the Association of Natural Resource Extension
- Selected by peers to present papers at 14 National Conferences.