Livestock & Forage Extension Program
The Polk County Livestock Extension Program is designed to provide educational programs and assistance for livestock producers, and promote agricultural awareness and its importance to our food system and economy. This agent is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating these livestock Extension programs in Polk County. The agent delivers educational programs in livestock production and management, forages and pastures, plant science, farm management, and agricultural awareness.
Major Program Areas
Based on input from the Livestock Advisory Committee, and public and private partners, the agent’s educational responsibilities are:
Improving Livestock Production Practices in Polk County
Increasing Agricultural Awareness for Polk County Decision Makers and Youth
Extension Agent III
PO Box 9005, Drawer HS03
Bartow, FL 33831-9005
Phone: (863) 519-1048
FAX: (863) 534-0001
- South Florida Beef Forage Program
- Polk County Cattlemen's Association
- Product & Service Directory
- Range Cattle Research & Education Center
- UF Agronomy Dept.
- UF Dept. of Animal Science
- UF Food & Resource Economics Dept.
- UF/IFAS Range Cattle Research & Education Center